Huron-Bruce MPP Lisa Thompson has announced more than $3 million in provincial grants for area hospitals under the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund (HIRF) program.
“These investments we are making are vital to ensuring our local hospitals will be able to make upgrades and improvements to their facilities,” Thompson said, noting the funds are usually used for improvements to such things as air flow, heating/cooling, fire alarm systems, and back-up generators.
Hospitals in Huron-Bruce receiving the funding include:
- South Bruce Grey Health Centre Kincardine Site – $300,726 (subject to change as per hospital corporation needs)
- Walkerton site – $241,389 (subject to change as per hospital corporation needs)
- Alexandra Marine and General Hospital (Goderich) – $102,181
- Clinton Public Hospital – $303,131
- Seaforth Community Hospital – $923,388
- South Huron Hospital – $878,877
- Wingham and District Hospital – $234,254
Grey Bruce Health Services, which includes the Southampton Hospital, is also receiving $2,831,982
The funding announcement is part of the government’s investment of $175 million this year to support hospitals across Ontario.
“As the government continues to work toward bringing Ontario’s world class health care system into the 21st century, this funding will help hospitals to address urgent issues,” Thompson said.