The donations will assist 25 food banks and Christmas hamper programs across Bruce, Grey and Huron counties.
“The local food banks help families all throughout the year and Bruce Power is pleased to support the work these organizations do to alleviate some of the stress especially around the holidays,” said James Scongack, Executive Vice-President, Corporate Affairs and Operational Services for Bruce Power. “Helping others is what the holiday season is all about and we appreciate the many volunteers across Bruce, Grey and Huron counties who do so much for those that need a hand at this time of year and we are thrilled to be a part of that.”
Bruce Power is also making a donation to eight municipalities/community organizations to support Christmas parades, including:
· Kincardine Chamber of Commerce for its Santa Claus Parade on November 22;
· Ripley Business Community for its Christmas Celebration/Santa Visit on November 24;
· Lucknow Chamber of Commerce for its Santa Claus Parade on November 29;
· Mildmay Chamber of Commerce for the annual Hanging of the Green Christmas Parade on November 29;
· Paisley and District Chamber of Commerce for its Santa Claus Parade on November 29;
· Walkerton Kinsmen for the Brockton Santa Claus Parade on November 30;
· Municipality of South Bruce for the Teeswater Santa Bop on December 1;
· Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce for the Southampton Santa Claus Parade on December 6.
Each year, Bruce Power invests about $2 million in local events and organizations through its Sponsorship and Community Investment Program. In 2019, the fund supported regional non-profit organizations and Indigenous, environmental and sustainability initiatives, while supporting dozens of local students through various scholarship programs.
About Bruce Power
Formed in 2001, Bruce Power is an electricity company based in Bruce County, Ontario. We are powered by our people. Our 4,200 employees are the foundation of our accomplishments and are proud of the role they play in safely delivering clean, reliable, low-cost nuclear power to families and businesses across the province. Bruce Power has worked hard to build strong roots in Ontario and is committed to protecting the environment and supporting the communities in which we live. Learn more at www.brucepower.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube .