Crime Stoppers of Grey Bruce and your local police services are asking for the public’s assistance in solving the following crimes:
- Crime Stoppers and the West Grey Police Service are seeking the public’s help in solving the theft of a generator. Sometime overnight on July 9th to July 10th, thieves broke into a shed at a Grey Road 3 farm property located in Bentinck Township and removed a 1999 John Deere gas powered generator. The generator is described as being 4 feet long by 2 feet wide and 4 feet high with a weight of approximately 175 to 200 pounds, and is valued at $2,500.
- Crime Stoppers and the Wellington County OPP are seeking the public’s help in solving an armed robbery that occurred on Friday July 20th at 4:00 a.m. at a gas station located on Highway 9 between Harriston and Clifford. A lone suspect arrived on a motorcycle and entered the gas bar brandishing a shotgun. The suspect was last seen travelling northbound on Highway 9 on a dark sport-style motorcycle. The suspect is described as a white male wearing a black dirt bike style helmet with mouth vents, dark hoodie, and blue jeans.
- Crime Stoppers and the West Grey Police Service are seeking the public’s help in solving a break, enter, and theft. Sometime overnight on July 18th to July 19th a locked shed was entered at a residence along Bentinck Township Concession 12. Stolen was a Husqvarna weed trimmer, Karcher pressure washer, Stihl chainsaw, and an assortment of frozen roasts and steaks. Total value of the stolen goods is $1,150. Police have reason to believe that an ATV may have been used as transportation during this theft.
- Crime Stoppers and the South Bruce OPP are seeking the public’s help in solving a break, enter, and theft in the village of Ripley. Sometime between 4:00 p.m. on July 28th and 9:00 a.m. on July 29th, an outbuilding at the Botanical Gardens along Park Street in the village of Ripley was forcibly entered and a quantity of cash was taken from the donation box.
- Crime Stoppers and the South Bruce OPP are seeking the public’s help in solving the theft of a pickup truck. Sometime between 11:30 p.m. on August 6th and 6:30 a.m. on August 7th a blue Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck, bearing licence AD45606, was taken from a residence in the 300 block of Greenock Township Concession 6. The value of the stolen truck is estimated to be $54,000.
- Crime Stoppers and the South Bruce OPP are seeking the public’s help in solving a break, enter, and theft in Chesley. Sometime during the late evening of July 28th or early morning hours of July 29th, a refrigerated trailer parked in an alley along 1st Avenue North in Chesley was forcibly entered. Stolen were frozen burgers, ice cream, and an assortment of baked goods.
- Crime Stoppers and the South Bruce OPP are seeking the public’s help in solving the theft of an ATV. Sometime between 1:00 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. on August 16th a red Polaris Sportsman ATV, bearing plate 5HS11, was taken from a residence in the 1300 block of Bruce Road 3 in Brant Township. The value of the stolen ATV is estimated to be $14,000.
- Crime Stoppers and the West Grey Police Service are seeking the public’s help in solving two separate thefts of chainsaws that occurred between August 25th and 29th in the area of Baseline Road in West Grey. A shed as well as a trailer were broken into and a total of three Stihl chainsaws were stolen. One of the saws is described as having a broken kickback handle with red tape on it. Serial numbers for two of the chainsaws and are on file with the police. The estimated combined value of the stolen chainsaws is $2,700.
If you have any information about these crimes you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a secure Web-Tip at www.cstip.ca.
You won’t be asked to identify yourself, you don’t have to appear in court and you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.00.
Remember Crime Doesn’t Pay – But Crime Stoppers Does!